DUI Defense
Drug Crimes
Sex Crimes
Domestic Violence
Gang Crimes
Fraud Crimes
White Collar Crimes
Juvenile Crimes

Client's Rating 10/10 Superb Recognition

Frequently Asked Questions

Glendale Criminal Defense Attorney

What happens after a criminal arrest is made?

An investigation is conducted by law enforcement, reports are written, witness statements taken, a background check is run on the person arrested and any other investigative work is done. At this point, a defense lawyer from our firm can make a dramatic impact on the case in a Pre-Filing Intervention, as the police usually know very little about the person arrested. The police then bring their written investigation to the District Attorney's Office. A Glendale prosecutor reviews the case to determine whether criminal charges - a misdemeanor or a felony - are warranted. The prosecutor has the option of rejecting the case for prosecution, filing a misdemeanor, or filing a felony charge.

What should I do if I have been arrested?

If you are arrested by the police, immediately ask to call a criminal defense attorney. Do not speak to the police until you have an attorney present. Even if you were not involved in the crime for which you have been arrested, ask for a defense lawyer who can protect your rights and ensure that you are treated fairly in any questioning or further criminal procedure.

What is the difference between a misdemeanor and a felony?

Under California law, a felony is a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for 16 months or more. A misdemeanor is a less serious crime that is punishable by imprisonment in the county jail of one year or less. Felony convictions are more serious than misdemeanors because they often require formal felony probation, supervision by a probation officer, and the loss of specific civil liberties (voting, serving on jury, possessing a firearm).

If I have been arrested for a DUI, what should I do first?

You should immediately contact a Glendale criminal defense lawyer at our firm. You will have 10 days from the date of your arrest to request a DMV hearing concerning your license suspension. If you or your attorney do not request this, you will automatically lose your license.

If I have been arrested on a drug charge as a first offense, what are my prospects?

There are various drug programs in Southern California, in-patient and out-patient, available to treat drug and alcohol addiction. We have been able to use these programs in many cases as an alternative to jail or prison for clients in custody. Under California criminal law, you can avoid jail or prison by successfully completing a drug rehabilitation program such as Deferred Entry of Judgment, Proposition 36, and Drug Diversion. While keeping you out of jail is our main objective, we also want to prevent relapses and future arrests. We therefore advise you to take rehabilitation seriously. We encourage you to commit to change with a sponsor or the 12-step lifestyle, and also encourage seeing a therapist on a regular basis.

Contact our firm if you have further questions about criminal defense or if you need legal representation in any criminal case in Glendale.

College Student Hit-Run:
Teenager receives minimum terms, and misdemeanor sentence after felony hit-run, marijuana arrest.

Awards and Distinctions Better Business Bureau California Board of Legal Specialization

Address: 655 North Central Avenue, Glendale, CA 91203 (818) 781-1570